Michelle from Kissed By Sweets had given me my first blog award! I was so happy to receive this. Seriously, the smile on my face was ridiculous. Michelle and I seem to be on similar pages right now, which is awesome and pretty great to see someone else in the same boat as me.
I know I am supposed to mention a lot of blogs for this award, but I am going to have to come back later and update that part.
I guess the tradition goes that when you receive an award you have to list 7 things about yourself, so here it goes:
1. I am 25 and still in school. I am getting a general degree because I know baking is what I want to do with my life. It is pretty difficult sitting through classes when I would rather be at home in my kitchen.
2. I am obsessed with the show Felicity. For real. (Editor's note: Bri is not kidding. This lady continually quotes the late 90s college drama).
3. Anything baking-related makes me happy. Whether it's spending hours reading baking blogs or making a disaster in my kitchen, it all brings a huge smile to my face.
4. I love the blog world, I am so thankful for how many doors twitter and my blog have opened. Every time I see a new view on my blog, it makes this road that much more exciting.
5. I am very passionate about organ donation. I do not understand why people choose not to be part of this. You are more likely to receive an organ donation then you are to give one. It's a proven fact. I am more than happy to talk with anyone about it.
6. My siblings and mom are my best friends.
7. Thank you to all who look/have readat my blog. This is such an exciting journey for me and I love that I can share it with people as I learn and grow in this process.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Macaroons come with a pretty negative baking rep. many bloggers that I have found have had nothing but failures when it comes to making these airy delights, but I stumbled upon this blog that did a great job of putting my fears at ease. Please take a mental image of the above picture. Now continue on to see what mine looked like.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Brace yourselves, I know you have all been on the edge of your seats waiting for this post. I am happy to report the wait is over. My first fondant cake is here! Try to contain your excitement. My friend Mark graduated from college back in December, but one weekend I really wanted to make a cake, so he received a very late graduation cake. I used the same fondant from my last post to cover this cake with, and I did have to microwave it for a few seconds to get it nice and soft again. When you do this, make sure you only do a few seconds at a time. Ok, where was I?
Thursday, June 16, 2011
I feel like I have been a big tease with the "no more cell phone picture" topic, but I am happy to announce that it is finally true! My friend Mark found a memory card reader for me, so now I can easily pull the pictures off an ACTUAL camera!! Since I now have this device, I can finally update on what was stuck in the camera.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
I was sitting here pondering to myself about how to get my name out there a bit. Is it a good idea to go around to local businesses and give them a few cupcakes to enjoy? I figured I could include my info (as well as a list of ingredients) and at least add some sweetness to some peoples day. To people that work at legit businesses, it this a good idea or no? I just don't want to waste my time if people can't take baked goods from people or something. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Posted by Bri Findley at 11:18 PM
Monday, June 13, 2011
There's a little comedy to help start out your Monday. I have been dying to try and experiment with the lavender that my mom bought for me, but sadly I am lacking the money to go crazy baking right now. So today while I was searching and searching for things I could make with the ingredients I had on hand, I stumbled upon blueberry muffins and my mouth started to water.