Monday, March 28, 2011

What is the first thing a girl makes with her very own KitchenAid?


Chocolate Chip Cookies, of course :) I think CCC's are pretty near and dear to every kid's heart. Personally, I remember making them all of the time with my mom, and they were one of the first things I made "all by myself." Plus, it was always fun saving a bowl of dough for my dad to eat later.

As I previously stated, I recently bought my very own KitchenAid. No big deal. Except it was a HUGE deal to me. I told my mom that it was like I was finally a grown up. So of course CCC's had to be the first thing for me to make in my brand new kitchen aid!



 Hard to deny how awesome this is...


I decided to stray away from the recipe my mom used and find my own. After some researching, I found one I liked and got started!

  My dry ingredients



I decided to use chopped up semi-sweet chocolate instead of chocolate chips. It turns out they melt a lot better and taste better.




And the finished dough! I read somewhere that letting the dough sit in the fridge overnight makes the cookies taste a lot better (something about letting all of the liquid and dry ingredients have time to fully mix together). To be honest, I could not tell the difference at all, so it is a step I would not use again. Plus then you have to wait to long to start eating the cookies!


Taa Daa! Yeah I had to try and fill in the empty spaces from the ones I had already shoveled in my mouth.


I said I wasn't a food photographer


So, there you have it. My first batch of CCC's to come out of my very own kitchen aid :)

No comments: