Monday, June 13, 2011

"You wanna know what the difference is between a cupcake and a muffin?"



"Nothing. A muffin is a bald cupcake!" - Jim Gaffigan

There's a little comedy to help start out your Monday. I have been dying to try and experiment with the lavender that my mom bought for me, but sadly I am lacking the money to go crazy baking right now. So today while I was searching and searching for things I could make with the ingredients I had on hand, I stumbled upon blueberry muffins and my mouth started to water.

Surprisingly, I had some frozen blueberries in the freezer. I was set to go. I decided to make a streusel top for them also. I used to work at a Dunn Bros coffee shop, which had the most amazing blueberry streusel muffins. I don't care to admit how many of those I consumed in my time working there. Needless to say I was pretty excited to give these a try.








YUM!

These muffins turned out great! I was relieved to see that the blueberries were incorporated well into the muffins and didn't all sink to the bottom, a lot of people seem to have that problem. These were super light and fluffy and the streusel topping was the perfect addition. I think it is going to pair really well with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'll have that answer in about 5 minutes when I go make myself a concoction. =] Muffins were a good distraction, but I can't wait to get back to cakes and cupcakes!

No comments: