Thursday, August 2, 2012

Something new.


These posts have been way over do, I know. I actually started to post this a month or so ago, then realized that I wanted to do these back-to-back. A good friend of my sisters approached me a couple months ago and asked me if I would be interested in making her wedding cake. of course, I said yes.


First thing was first, I had to give them a proper wedding sampling. So I made up some marble, vanilla, and chocolate cupcakes as well as swiss meringue buttercream, home made fondant and store bought fondant. Lets just say, I dirtied a lot of dishes that day. I had originally planned on doing a single layer cake, but I got lazy and used PAM on the cake pan instead of my trusty cake release recipe.
Disastor!



 Yeah, woops.
So, mini cupcakes it was!








The consult was a breeze. Sara and Matt are a very easy going couple and they decided to go with a fake bottom 8" tier and a real top 6". Marble cake with swiss meringue buttercream. I gathered all of the accessories I needed from Sara and was on to do some research. The easy part was over, now came the hard part of actually doing the cake!
Stay tuned...

No comments: