Saturday, May 26, 2012

Irish Car Bombs

I have never been one to shy away from adding booze to my baked goods. So when I was looking for a fun cupcake recipe, these stood out immediately. Have you ever had an Irish Car Bomb? I have not, but if it tastes anything like these cupcakes, I would be in trouble.



It has been awhile since I have baked anything with beer in it. In fact, it was way back when I started this blog that I made some Guinness cupcakes. So it was time to take it up a notch and add a few more alcohol elements. The beer went into the cakes, the whiskey went into the chocolate ganache, and the Baileys went into the frosting. The cakes were very chocolatey, and the ganache layer over the tops made them even more so. Due to that, I wanted to cut back on the frosting so that they were not a cavity inducing dessert. To avoid that, I simply did a little star of frosting on the tops, purposefully not covering the entire surface.





I finally got to use my edible stars that I have had since Christmas. They added the perfect glitzy look to these mini cupcakes.
They were a definite hit, and I would totally make these again. Except next time I might add more alcohol. Why not?
If you want to try these for yourself, click here for the recipe!

No comments: